If someone you know has gone missing or you’ve seen, or have information about, a missing person, please get in touch. Find out below how to get help from the police and other organisations.

Are they in immediate danger?

If the missing person is in immediate danger, is a young child or vulnerable to harm, call 999 now.

If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

Advice tool

What to do if you know where someone is and they're not in danger

Thank you. If you know where someone is and are not concerned for their welfare, they don’t fit the definition of a missing person, so police will not take a missing persons report from you.

The following charity may be able to help:

If you become concerned for a person's well-being, please call us on 101.