Quickly exit this site by pressing the Escape key Leave this site
Thanks for trying the 'beta' version of our new website. It's a work in progress, we'll be adding new services over the next few weeks, so please take a look and tell us what you think.
A man has died following a house fire in Hartshill.
Patrolling officers reported seeing excessive smoke coming from the chimney of a property on Grice Road at 5am this morning (Sunday 9 January).
During a search of the property, a man in his 60s was located upstairs. First aid was provided at the scene and he was taken to the Royal Stoke University Hospital by ambulance. Sadly, the man died at hospital.
The man’s next of kin has been informed.
A neighbouring property was evacuated as a precaution.
Officers will be working with colleagues at Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service to understand the cause of the fire.
Anyone with any information should message Staffordshire Police on Facebook or Twitter quoting incident number 113 of 9 January, call 101 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.