Man jailed for stabbing and robbery in Stoke-on-Trent
Main article content
A man has been jailed for 12 years for stabbing a man in the neck then robbing him in Stoke-on-Trent.
Anthony John Marchese, 35, of Broadhurt Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, was found guilty of robbery, wounding and perverting the course of justice at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court yesterday (Thursday 17 December).
At approximately 12.30am on 1 July 2020, police were called to reports that a man had been stabbed in the side of the neck with a Stanley knife and robbed inside a property on High Lane in Burslem. The man was taken to the Royal Stoke University Hospital where he had to undergo surgery for his neck wound. He also had a broken jaw and swelling to his face.
Marchese was arrested two days later, on 3 July.
He was charged with perverting the course of justice after threatening the victim if he pressed charges.
The officer in the case, DC Emma Holloway, of CID North, said: “This was a totally unprovoked and unexpected attack on the victim.
“We continue our fight against knife crime across our regions, but convictions like this are only part of the story. We’re working with schools, parents and others to get the message out about the devastating impact violence has on lives.”
Detective Chief Inspector Adrian Webb, of CID North, said: “A lot of work has gone into the investigation to secure the conviction of Marchese. This was DC Holloway’s first investigation as officer in the case. She was one of nine trainee detectives who joined the force in September 2019 and is an asset to the CID.”