We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

Licensed Premises

Licences for the sale of alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment are issued by the council for the local area. ALL licences within the Licensing Act must be applied for through your local authority.

Pub blueHow do I apply for a licence?

You can visit gov.uk's Premises Licence page for more detailed guidance on licences and how to apply for them.

Important: If you do not have an appropriate licence for the activity you are undertaking you may be prosecuted.

How will the police get involved?

The police are responsible for supporting and assisting partner agencies with enforcing the national Licensing Objectives:

  • The prevention of crime and disorder.
  • Public safety.
  • The prevention of public nuisance.
  • The protection of children from harm.