We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

Reporting Fallen Trees & Debris in Road

Your local council are responsible for clearing trees and debris in the road.

The local highways authority deal with these issues, the police only need to be involved if there is a significant risk to others OR there has been a collision AND someone is injured - in this case call 999. Tree Down Fallen Debris

Report a fallen tree or debris in the road direct to the highways departments of the local council:

In the  Staffordshire County Council area call 0300 111 8000 select option 1 (charged at a local rate) or use their online form. 

or in the  Stoke-on-Trent City Council area call 01782 234234 (charged at local rate)

Contact  Highways England if the obstruction is on a motorway or an A road they manage in England on 0300 123 5000

You don't need to report a collision with a fallen tree or other debris in the road AND there are no injuries to the police. The police will not record the details. Click here to find out about how to deal with non-reportable collision

To report a power cut or for updates call 105 or visit.