We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101
We are working on a new website with a range of new services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.

Damage Only Collisions

In non-injury collisions where details have been exchanged (in accordance with the law), there is no need to report the incident to the police.

Local Policing Team Van EditThese details should be passed directly to your insurance company to deal with and to decide who is at fault.

In all other cases, especially where injury has occurred, the police will compile a full collision report. Please note: you are entitled to request insurance details from other parties under Section 154 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. Should any person fail to supply this information, they may be committing an offence.

Staffordshire Police are unable to provide drivers with the insurance details of other motorists.

If it is at the time and you believe the driver of another vehicle has been driving while over the legal alcohol limit, contact the police straight away via 999.