We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101
We are working on a new website with a range of new services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.

What do I do if my Registration Certificate is lost or stolen?

Your certificate is a legal document. You should report the loss/theft to your local Police force and make efforts to find/recover it before applying for a replacement.  If you are unable to recover it, you must register/log-in to the online system here and book an appointment to visit us. You will be asked about the circumstances of its loss/theft at your appointment.

There is a fee of £34 (cash) to issue a replacement certificate. You must bring with you your original damaged certificate, proof of current address, current passport, BRP card and proof of employment OR proof of student status.