We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

Application for House to House Collections

Charity TinThe House to House Collections Act 1939 regulates house to house collections for charitable purposes.

As a consequence the promoter of a proposed House to House collection must be licensed or the collection will be unlawful.

Long term collections, whether street or house to house are licensed, by the Local Authority.

Local house to house collections which are for just short periods (around 14 days) can be certificated by the Chief Constable for the area of the collection. This is instead of a licence and makes the collection lawful.

The on-line form is for promoters to apply for a certificate. To continue and complete the form Click here.