We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101
We are working on a new website with a range of new services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.


The courts may award you compensation. However, in order to do so, you will need to provide invoices or estimates of any costs to repair damage caused by crime.

As some cases can be dealt with quickly at court, it is in your interest to provide this information as soon as possible.

The court will also consider compensation for any injuries caused by crime.

If you are a victim of a violent crime and as a result suffered physical or psychological harm, you may be entitled to compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

You can apply for compensation within two years of the date of the crime. You can apply online at Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority or call 0300 003 3601 to speak to a CICA Customer Service Centre Advisor.