We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

Do I need to carry my certificate with me when I am in the UK?

The Police Registration Certificate (PRC) may be used as an identity document in the United Kingdom (UK). However, you are advised not to carry it with you whilst in the UK but keep it in a safe place together with your passport/travel document. If you are asked to produce your PRC by a Police Officer you will be given 48 hours in which to do so at any police station.