We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

European Firearms Pass Firearm or Shotgun

Taking Licensed Weapons Abroad - European Union 

If you hold a shotgun or firearms certificate and you wish to take your weapons abroad within the European Union, you will need a European Firearms Permit (EFP). An EFP cannot have an expiry date later than the expiry date on the firearms or shotgun certificate on which the weapons are held. Before taking your weapons abroad, seek advice from the embassy or consulate of that country. Even within the European Union other documents may be required in addition to the permit. All weapons must be declared to customs and to the travel company carrying you, whether by land, sea or air.

The EFP is issued free of charge.

Please use the email form provided below.

Alternatively you can post your application to:

Staffordshire & West Midlands Police Firearms Licensing Unit
Weston Road
ST18 0YY

Tel 01785 232790


  1. Your Details