We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

Q: I suffered sexual abuse as a child and now I feel I can report it, what can the police do?

A: Any report of historic sexual abuse to the police is treated seriously and the matter will be thoroughly investigated.

Beyond that, no other predictions about the outcome of any case can ever be made and it is important that any person in such circumstances has realistic expectations - the passage of time means that much of the evidence may have been lost.