We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101
We are working on a new website with a range of new services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.

Q: There are gangs of youths hanging around on street corners drinking what can be done about them?

A: If this is a one off incident then you should contact Staffordshire Police who, if possible, will attend and disperse the youths. Staffordshire Police do now have powers to confiscate alcohol from youths in a public place including open and sealed containers (subject to certain conditions).

If this is a persistent problem then it could be classed as anti-social behaviour and should be reported to the police on each occurrence. Staffordshire Police will then, over a period of time, collate necessary evidence against the youths with a view to eventually obtaining civil injunctions or Criminal Behaviour Orders. Unfortunately this will not happen overnight as the police and local council have to ensure that they have all the necessary evidence.