We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

Neighbour Dispute

Disputes between neighbours can be caused by a variety of reasons. In almost all cases it will be a matter for your local council to deal with. If your dispute involves an assault, a breach of the peace or criminal damage it is a police matter.

Neighbours blueIf your neighbour dispute is of a criminal nature you should call 101, or 999 in an emergency. If not, then your report needs to be directed to your local council (see Local Authorities).

If you live in either council housing or housing controlled by a social landlord, your housing officer should be the first point of contact.

Some issues like parking in front of your property, repairing vehicles on the road/private driveway or boundary issues are civil and not a matter for the police or the council.