We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more Accept and Close
Non-Emergency Enquiries: 101

How to Report Business Crime

A member of the public at Stafford StationIf you believe that someone is still in the building or that there is immediate danger to you or your staff, please call 999. If you arrive at your business and find that a crime has occurred but there is no indication that the offenders are still present, call the Staffordshire Police non-emergency number - 101 and make a report.

Make a Note of the Details

You will need to give the police as much detail as possible, so try to be prepared when you call. Information that could be useful includes:

  • Is there any CCTV that could contain evidence?
  • Are there any witnesses?
  • Is there any other evidence?
  • Has property been moved?
  • Has there been anything left by the offenders?
  • Has anything been stolen?
  • Can you provide information about any stolen property such as serial numbers, value of the property or details of property marking? 

If we recover property stolen from you, we will examine it for evidence. We will look for evidence such as fingerprints, hairs or blood to help us catch the offender and to link your crime to other crimes.

All the property we identify is returned to the lawful owner as soon as possible. In some cases, we may need to keep hold of the property as an exhibit for court or for further analysis.