What to do if you've received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) or a Community Speed Watch letter. 

Advice tool

I wasn’t the owner, keeper or hirer of the vehicle at the time of the offence because I had sold it or given it someone else before the date of the offence.

Thank you. You can tell us who the driver was by completing Section B and C on the back of the NIP, or by using our online form. 

If you decide to complete the form, please return it to:

Staffordshire Safer Roads Partnership
PO Box 2117
ST16 9ZR

Click 'Start' below to complete a quick and simple form. 

You'll be able to download a copy of your report for your own records.

Average completion time: 5 mins

You'll need the following:

  • proof that you bought the vehicle (this could be a receipt, V5 or a letter from the DVLA) showing the date of sale
  • the 16 digit reference number from the top of the notice / letter
  • the buyer's name and address and any other information you have about them

Please note:
it's an offence to knowingly and wilfully provide a false statement under Section 5 of the Perjury Act. This and offences of perverting the course of justice can both incur imprisonment and/or a fine.