What to do if you've received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) or a Community Speed Watch letter. 

Advice tool

Tell us if someone else was driving, or that the vehicle was not in your keeping or was on hire at the time of the offence?

To nominate someone else as the driver of the vehicle you'll need:

  • your full name 
  • the reference number from the top of the NIP
  • the registration number of the vehicle
  • the name and address of the person who was driving

Please note:
it's offence to knowingly and wilfully provide a false statement under Section 5 of the Perjury Act. This and offences of perverting the course of justice can both incur imprisonment and/or a fine.