Police are urging you to take simple measures this Christmas to keep you and your property safe.
In your car:
- remove your sat nav and cradle from your car and wipe away the tell tale suction marks from your windscreen
- don’t advertise what you’ve bought by leaving shopping on view. Every car has a boot - so use it.
- lock doors and windows even if you’re ‘just popping out’
- keep presents out of view. Nets, curtains or blinds can be used to block out prying eyes
- take packaging of expensive items to the tip rather than leaving them out with the dustbin to avoid advertising you have a new TV, bike or other new products.
Out and about:
- keep wallets, purses and phones safe and out of sight
- always shield your pin from prying eyes.
Have a safe and merry Christmas and a happy new year!