Staffordshire Police

Access Keys and Skip to main content link

Page tools

Main Content

How to report a crime

Emergency contact

Call 999 if:

  • A crime is happening now
  • People are injured
  • People are being threatened or are in danger
  • The offender is still there or is nearby
  • 999 is for emergencies only.  An emergency is something that demands an immediate response.  Using the 999 line unnecessarily could prevent somebody who is in danger from getting through to us.

Non-emergency contact

Call our non-emergency number 101 when:

  • There is no immediate danger to life
  • The crime is NOT in progress
  • The offender is NOT nearby
  • You have a general enquiry

Some examples of when to use the non emergency number:

  • "My car has been vandalised"
  • "I want to report my mobile phone as lost”
  • "I was in a car accident yesterday”

Please use the non emergency number for all general enquiries.

To contact the Staffordshire Police from abroad, call (+44)1785 236211

The control room is based at Police HQ in Stafford and covers the whole of Staffordshire. The video below gives an overview of the service the control room provides:

Report a crime anonymously

Call anonymously with information about crime on 0800 555 111.

Calls are not traced or recorded and callers will not have to give a statement or go to court.

Footer Links