Staffordshire Police

Access Keys and Skip to main content link

Page tools

Main Content

Non-emergency number

Staffordshire Police has a new number - 101 - for non-emergency calls.

101 offers one easy way to contact your local police to report non-emergency crimes and disorder or to speak to your local police officers.

Use 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. Such as:

  • if your car has been stolen
  • if your property has been damaged or vandalised
  • where you suspect drug use or dealing
  • if you want to report a minor traffic collision
  • if you want to provide information about crime.

Calls to 101 (from both landlines and mobile networks) cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone. 

The control room is based at Police HQ in Stafford and covers the whole of Staffordshire. The video below gives an overview of the service the control room provides:


Contact your local team

The teams include police sergeants, constables, police community support officers (PCSOs) and special constables, who work closely with local authority colleagues to make your community an even safer place to live.

It's easy to keep in touch with your local beat bobby or PCSO via their digital Airwave radio. Simply:

  • dial  0300 123 2345 and listen to the instructions
  • when prompted enter their Airwave number (shown next to their photo)
  • a recorded message asks you to 'state your name so the call can be announced' - just say your name so the officer knows who's calling

If the officer is on duty, their radio rings like a mobile phone and you'll be connected. If they're off duty or dealing with victims, witnesses or offenders, your call goes to the officer's individual voicemail box.

Remember, in an emergency dial 999.

Footer Links